How The Scrap Post Works
Join Our Mailing List!
- Aluminum Prices Stable
- Buy Sell Scrap Online
- Ferrous Scrap Metal
- Ferrous v. Non-Ferrous
- Having Trouble Buying Copper
- How Is Scrap Metal Bought And Sold By Scrap Yards?
- Identify Scrap Metal
- Scrap Metal Buyers
- Scrap Prices Online
- Selling Scrap Metal Online
- Tech in The Scrap Industry
- Top Places To Buy Scrap Metals
- What Determines Scrap Metal Prices
- What Is A Scrap Yard?
- Where Can I Find Scrap Metal Prices Online?
- Yellow Brass Honey Scrap Price
404 4th Street
Royal Oak, MI 48067
Plugin created by StressFree Sites
Copper Scrap Metal
Identifying Copper Scrap Metal
Ways to identify copper scrap metal:
- Physical Characteristics:
- Cooper is typically a brownish and red color.
- When it oxidizes it create a green coloration
- Pure Bare Bright Copper has a shiny glow
- Non-Ferrous Metal (Non-Magnetic)
- Weight/Density: Around 15% more dense than Iron
- Grades: Bare Bright Copper , #1 Copper, #2 Copper , #3 Copper (Roofing Copper), Light Copper
- Bare Bright Copper – The best grade of copper and worth the most money. Is shiny and usually in the form of copper wire / copper cable.
- #1 Copper – Clean copper with no attachments. Copper piping is typically #1 Copper
- #2 Copper – Has paint, solder, and some contamination.
- #3 Copper – Often called Roofing Copper or Light Copper. Least valuable type of copper. It is copper sheeting with containments and attachments like solder.
- Usage: Used in wiring, electronics, cookware, transformers, motors, pennies and much much more.
If you are looking to buy copper scrap online or sell copper scrap online you should visit The Scrap Post. There is a large amount scrap dealers looking to buy and sell copper scrap online. Here is an example of a member looking to sell scrap copper on the website. For scrap prices copper including #1 Copper scrap price, scrap prices #2 copper and more visit the Scrap Prices Copper page in Scrap Post Scrap Market Prices.